AN ARTIST'S LIFE AND JOURNEY THROUGH THE UNIVERSE OF CREATIVITY.
My online journal of the process of making goals, turning negative to positive, artistic visualization and practicing gratitude for the talents I've been given.
Be the creative person you are by practicing The Secret of Universal Law, visualization and gratitude.
Without art life is gray - Art brings color to the world!
Here's where I blog about my newest art pieces, how they came to be and how I am creating a better life as an artist through a new attitude.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

American Gothic - Diva Style

American Diva Gothic is my latest digital work for my Mad Masterpieces Series of Pop Culture Art.

I love taking the old masterpieces and doing parodies of them for our modern times. I have a slightly warped sense of humor - after all, I am the Normal Challenged Artist™.

This particular piece by Grant Wood is ripe for parody. What's interesting is that originally it was something of a parody in itself - some critics called it a "comic valentine"!

Whatever the inspiration, these two dour mid-western salt of the earth types have always begged me to have a little fun with them. Since I've been following my Road to Diva I ended up turning this into a bit of a woman's rights statement - sometimes I'm not even sure what the end result of my parodies will be.

Hope it gives you a giggle - I was giggling a lot when I created it.

No comments: