AN ARTIST'S LIFE AND JOURNEY THROUGH THE UNIVERSE OF CREATIVITY.
My online journal of the process of making goals, turning negative to positive, artistic visualization and practicing gratitude for the talents I've been given.
Be the creative person you are by practicing The Secret of Universal Law, visualization and gratitude.
Without art life is gray - Art brings color to the world!
Here's where I blog about my newest art pieces, how they came to be and how I am creating a better life as an artist through a new attitude.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

YUP, REDESIGNED POP ART DIVA DOT COM'S HOMEPAGE AGAIN


I redesigned my website a few months ago and I've been bugged by the busy look to the home page since I did it but I wasn't inspired until just this last Friday morning!

Suddenly the lightbulb went on over my head! I needed to use retro iconic images that fit with each division of my business or section of my website! Wow, a vintage lunch box for my pop culture art, a retro pop bottle for about the POP! And it would give me a cleaner look AND graphics for navigation!

Nowadays, you have to KISS - keep it simple stupid - and put up pictures so people know where to click. You've seen the cash registers now at fast food joints? They don't have numbers they have pictures! Want a hamburger - the clerk pushes the button with a hamburger on it, duh-oh!

I'm tickled pink because not only is this way more fun and in keeping with my "quest" but it's animated - I even have a rocket blasting off! So, take a second (you folks with dial-up might have to take a minute), click over and take a look - WAIT FOR IT! The animation takes about a minute or two to get to the rocket blast off - PopArtDiva be a retro happening cartoon station now!

2 comments:

Claudia Meydrech said...

You are SOOOO creative!! I can never get over how talented you are and I hope you're getting the recognition you deserve.

LOVE the way you organized your website, and the best part is I know you had a "blast" doing it!

Great job!

Claudia, the Happy Nutritionist

Anonymous said...

Claudia - I really did enjoy doing it - and I love the look much better now!