AN ARTIST'S LIFE AND JOURNEY THROUGH THE UNIVERSE OF CREATIVITY.
My online journal of the process of making goals, turning negative to positive, artistic visualization and practicing gratitude for the talents I've been given.
Be the creative person you are by practicing The Secret of Universal Law, visualization and gratitude.
Without art life is gray - Art brings color to the world!
Here's where I blog about my newest art pieces, how they came to be and how I am creating a better life as an artist through a new attitude.

Monday, February 4, 2008

NEW ART - Portrait of a Soiled Dove

PORTRAIT OF A SOILED DOVE

This is both a Mad Masterpiece, a Just 4 Divas and a Martini Art piece all in one! Killing three birds with one stone - it is a parody, of course. I'm kind of into humor lately.

You never know what will inspire you. This piece was a result of a conversation with a friend about archaic terms for "women of ill repute".

That inspired a post on my ROAD to DIVA blog about the words and that inspired this piece.

Those archaic terms for a shady lady are so verbally rich - my imagination went right into feather boas and masterpieces of nudes.

I had great fun with this piece - I usually do with my parodies - but I got to kick some social commentary butt with this one, both artistically and poetically! (Is poetically a word???) The olive as a replacement for the fig leaf is my idea of a visual pun.

In my Diva pieces I usually have some form of a woman's fashionable shoe, and the martini is always present in a Just 4 Diva piece too. And I love to put in some totally unassociated items somewhere in my digital work - the olive is my oddball here - though it does fit with the martini.

This piece is available as an archival print and a giclee on canvas at my website and it will soon be available on a number of other products like tees, cups, aprons, cards and more at the PopArtDiva Boutique which will open fully in March.

Technorati Profile

No comments: