AN ARTIST'S LIFE AND JOURNEY THROUGH THE UNIVERSE OF CREATIVITY.
My online journal of the process of making goals, turning negative to positive, artistic visualization and practicing gratitude for the talents I've been given.
Be the creative person you are by practicing The Secret of Universal Law, visualization and gratitude.
Without art life is gray - Art brings color to the world!
Here's where I blog about my newest art pieces, how they came to be and how I am creating a better life as an artist through a new attitude.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

This is what my tee shirt looks like after an hour or two of painting!

I am a messy painter. I get in such a hurry when I'm painting that I don't want to take the time to find a rag to wipe my brush on. Both my hands are usually filled with loaded brushes so I can switch quickly back and forth and I don't have extra fingers for a paint rag! I've even been known to stick a brush in my mouth and behind my ear! I'm a little crazed when I paint.

I've gotten into the bad habit of wiping my brush on my shirts and pants. Fortunately these are older clothes that I no longer plan to wear in public due to a coffee stain or such. But it is still a bad habit because I have been known to walk into my studio to do something and then found myself looking at my current work in progress, grabbing a brush "just to fix this little spot here" and ended up working in my good clothes - which then end up with paint on them!

I actually like what happens to some of these shirts. This one from last week's painting session I really ended up liking - it has a wonderful flavor of abstract insanity! I'm going to wear it to my art show tomorrow just for the fun of it! I'm not called The NORMAL CHALLENGED ARTIST for nothing!

No comments: