AN ARTIST'S LIFE AND JOURNEY THROUGH THE UNIVERSE OF CREATIVITY.
My online journal of the process of making goals, turning negative to positive, artistic visualization and practicing gratitude for the talents I've been given.
Be the creative person you are by practicing The Secret of Universal Law, visualization and gratitude.
Without art life is gray - Art brings color to the world!
Here's where I blog about my newest art pieces, how they came to be and how I am creating a better life as an artist through a new attitude.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

YES, I DO ALL MY OWN GRAPHICS AND ANIMATIONS

Someone asked me if I did all my own graphics the other day. Yes, I do - especially since I spent twenty years as a graphic designer and illustrator for my own graphics firm. I was an award winning graphic designer with a huge client list and the ulcers that came with that list.

I still do graphic design - though it's no longer my main source of revenue. I gave up the rat race of advertising over 20 years ago and now I only do graphic design for a very select number of clients and for myself.

I really love graphic design and with my website and a number of blogs I get to do a lot of fun graphics and animations for them. I'm my own favorite client!

This graphic - There Are No Bad Martinis - was created as a tee shirt design for my Martini Blog and I used design elements from my masthead/logo in the design for brand continuity . I wanted to have something to give away in promotional campaigns and created this yesterday. (Then I decided to set it up for other products for a CafePress store too - which means today I will spend the day setting up another CafePress page!)

I will occasionally take on a new client if I find their project interesting, they have the budget for my fees and if I feel I can work with them. It's nice to have a choice - and a healthy stomach lining!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terri, I enjoy your work. You are so talented!

Pop Art Diva Enterprises said...

Karlyn - thank you. Right back at you! I don't know anyone with the kind of web graphics background you have!