AN ARTIST'S LIFE AND JOURNEY THROUGH THE UNIVERSE OF CREATIVITY.
My online journal of the process of making goals, turning negative to positive, artistic visualization and practicing gratitude for the talents I've been given.
Be the creative person you are by practicing The Secret of Universal Law, visualization and gratitude.
Without art life is gray - Art brings color to the world!
Here's where I blog about my newest art pieces, how they came to be and how I am creating a better life as an artist through a new attitude.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

ART CAN DARN NEAR KILL YOU!

I came across this article in Yahoo news about Mexican artist Filemon Trevino who wanted to create a drawing that would get him in the Guinness Book of World Records. Trevino created a drawing that is over a quarter of a mile long on the human heart and circulatory system .

He says that his attempt to break the existing world record became an obsession that led him to neglect his health. He spent over 6000 hours and used over 800 pencils in the course of his masterpiece, was hospitalized seven times for dehydration - he became so obsessed he forgot to drink water!

Now that is true passion for one's art! I admit that I can become so involved with my work at times that I will not stop even when my body is demanding rest, nutrition and a break from the tension and hunching over that is a habit with me when I work, but I've never been hospitalized as a result!

Don't ever let anyone tell you that art is not work or that it's easy! Just tell them about this truly dedicated - though slightly over obsessed - artist, Filemon Trevino!

Buy Great Art Inspired Products at The LIFE IS LIKE ART Shop!

No comments: